Kgi Resorts - KGI Destinations is a Total RipOff

5 of 6 Kgi Resorts reviews

During a 2015 walk in the market in downtown Charleston, SC we were accosted on the street by a KGI promo rep who arranged for us to attend a brief sales program a couple hours later, with the promise of several perks just for attending ($50 Visa card, carriage ride and harbor cruise coupons, etc).We attended and listened and bought in, albeit at the lower end of the scale.

A short time after returning home I set up my account on their website..so far, so good. Fast forward to May 2016, I'm trying to logon to set up some travel, my logon no longer works. Multiple messages were sent from within the site requesting PW assistance, to no avail (no calls, no emails). Additionally, multiple voice mails left at their toll-free office numbers likewise failed to elicit any response.

I can only surmise that I've been had by a sham business, and the money I paid is gone down the toilet. I won't give up, as I will be contacting regulatory agencies in SC and in FL where the company is now based (I may hit NC as well, as they once were based in Asheville). I will also examine my options through my CC provider and will I suppose eventually consult an attorney.

NOTE TO CHARLESTON: these guys and several other hucksters of similar ilk are on numerous streets around the Market and are bilking your tourists right under your noses.You should be ashamed for allowing them to blacken the eye of such a wonderful city!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Facilities and Services

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Sales of vacation travel under false pretenses

Reason of review:
Product or service
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #855578 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kgi Resorts? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
5 of 6 Kgi Resorts reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 21 #1230043

THIS CUSTOMER IS RIGHT, WE TOO WAS SHAMED BY "KGI DESTINATIONS" FOR OVER 5 GRAND IN AUTO BANK WITHDRAWALS, WE LIKE CHARLESTON, BUT BOY DID WE GET SHAMED!!

Aug 31 #1206368 Washington, North Carolina, United States

SADLY, I HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH "KGI" PURCHASED MY CONTRACT IN NOVEMBER 2015, IN CHARLESTON, SC. THIS CONTRACT WILL COST ME OVER 7 GRAND. MY WIFE SAYS I MAKE THE DUMB MISTAKE, BUT SHE WAS SADLY SUCKERED IN TOO!!
R.PITTS
NORTH COROLINA

Iggyearl

May 27 #1165566

Charleston should come down hard on all the street hucksters. They hang out in doorways and accost tourists with worthless offers. They do the city no good whatsoever.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.